National Job Listings
Below are job postings submitted by other Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod entities, including congregations, Recognized Service Organizations, Districts, etc.
Questions about the open positions listed on this page should be directed to the contact organization listed with the posting. The LCMS does not hire for these positions, and, as such, cannot answer any questions you may have about them.
Requests to post open positions for Recognized Services Organizations and affiliated organizations are done by the Department of Human Resources of The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod if the posting guidelines are met. If you are with an RSO or LCMS affiliate, and would like to see guidelines for applying to have your position listed on this page, please read our guideline and applications.
|Job Title||President and CEO|
|Organization||Lutheran High School Association of St. Louis|
|Contact||Jonathan Schultz, Vice-Chair/Board of Trustees|
|Address||5401 Lucas & Hunt Road|
| ||Suite 103 |
|Location||St. Louis, Missouri 63121|
Demonstrated leadership and management experience
Appropriate educational preparation in leadership
Active membership in a congregation of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod
Experience in Lutheran education is preferred.
CANDIDATES WILL DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING
• Lives a strong and healthy faith life based on service to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
• A clear understanding of Christian education and a personal passion for Lutheran high school education
• Ability to inculcate a culture of continuous quality improvement towards excellence
• Understands through experience the process of organizational development, builds positive relationships easily, and garners the respect and support of others
• Builds the financial support base (including enhanced fundraising) for the ministry of the Association
• Communicates clearly in both oral and in written forms
• Builds a shared vision of the Association with the Board of Trustees, Association staff, families and students of the schools, Association churches and the larger community
• Leads the Association in developing and enacting clear guiding principles which can serve to guide the work of all employees in the organization
• Actively engages in the St. Louis community and serves as the face of the Association
• Seeks appropriate input, delegates authority, and builds trusting working relationships
• Possesses the necessary leadership experience to set high expectations and to inspire, engage and motivate others
• Courage when making difficult decisions
• Honors the traditions of the Association and its schools and uses them as building blocks for productive change
• Engages alumni in sharing their time and treasures in supporting current programs
• Demonstrates a strong grasp of financial acumen and clearly communicates financial information critical to the success of the Association to the Board of Trustees in a timely manner
• Ability to aid the Board of Trustees in developing and maintaining the long-term strategic plan for the Association and each individual school.
< Back to Other LCMS Jobs