National Job Listings
Below are job postings submitted by other Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod entities, including congregations, Recognized Service Organizations, Districts, etc.
Questions about the open positions listed on this page should be directed to the contact organization listed with the posting. The LCMS does not hire for these positions, and, as such, cannot answer any questions you may have about them.
Requests to post open positions for Recognized Services Organizations and affiliated organizations are done by the Department of Human Resources of The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod if the posting guidelines are met. If you are with an RSO or LCMS affiliate, and would like to see guidelines for applying to have your position listed on this page, please read our guideline and applications.
|Job Title||Donor Advisor (Maryland Region)|
|Organization||Lutheran World Relief|
|Address||700 Light Street|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland 21230|
|Position Overview-||Lutheran World Relief seeks a Donor Advisor (Maryland Region). The Donor Advisor is responsible for donor development and acquisition within one regional geography. While the person in this position primarily focuses on relationships with individuals and congregations who have the greatest impact on LWR's mission, they also serve as the first point of contact for LWR supporters in the region. This position also collaborates on major donor development, and leads stewardship strategies for high value donors who reside outside of prioritized regions. This position also serves as Project Manager for special projects in collaboration with the Senior Director of Philanthropic Engagement.
1. Develop and solicit financial support from individuals and congregations in assigned region with the expectation of 10 visits and 3 solicitations per month.
2. Maintain for each current and prospective donor an up-to-date record, including background information, cultivation process, contact, personal interests, and other relevant information.
3. In collaboration with the Communications, Marketing and Engagement (CME) unit, develop and implement a strategy for assigned region.
4. Identify, research and implement a moves management strategy for major donors.
5. Serve as the chief LWR contact in assigned region and organize, host or represent LWR at strategically relevant events.
6. Implement personalized stewardship strategies for high value individuals and congregations who reside outside of prioritized regions.
7. Serve as Project Manager for Special Projects as assigned by Associate Director and Senior Director
8. Familiarity and compliance with LWR's safety and security procedures and protocols.
9. Willingness and ability to contribute to LWR's New Business Development initiatives.
10. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1.Deep commitment to LWR's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
2.Bachelor's degree in related field
3.Five (5) years of fundraising experience
4.Demonstrated success in relationship development
5.Excellent oral communication, written communication and interpersonal skills
6.Working knowledge of MS Office
7.Experience using Raiser's Edge or similar fundraising database
8.Experience in using Moves Management or other similar tool for donor/prospect development
9.Experience in using donor research tools in the development process
10.Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, 30% of the time, sometimes to countries where LWR works. Travel may be to countries that are experiencing political instability and have poor infrastructure including poor road conditions, limited amenities and poor housing accommodations. In addition, the travel may be to countries where infectious diseases or vector-borne diseases are present. Travel may be required to locales that experience extreme temperatures (either hot or cold) and high altitudes.
11.Ability to work independently and in a team environment
12.Experience with and commitment to working in a very diverse workforce and donor base.
13.Familiarity with Lutheranism, church structures, and church member motivations and sensitivities preferred. Commitment to the Association of Lutheran Development Executive's Code of Ethics and Donor Bill of Rights.
< Back to Other LCMS Jobs