|Job Title: Director - St. Lucas Early Childhood Center
Job Category: Exempt
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following is a list of the activities and job functions for which the Early Childhood Center (Center) Director has primary responsibility. These shall be under the purview of the St. Lucas (St. Lucas) Early Childhood Center Board.
Responsibilities: St. Lucas Lutheran Church
• Serve as a missionary of the congregation to the Center’s children and families;
• Promote the Center as a mission of the church in strategic alignment with vision and mission of St. Lucas;
• Maintain communication between St. Lucas, the Center and families;
• Attend St. Lucas staff meetings and other meetings as appropriate and requested; and
• Reports to the St. Lucas Senior Pastor.
• Model the love of Jesus Christ and provide spiritual guidance to the staff as well as the children;
• Recruit, train, evaluate performance and supervise staff;
• Implement personnel policies and procedures handbook;
• Maintain Human Resource Compliance;
• Provide ongoing training and staff development opportunities;
• Conduct regular staff meetings; and
• Maintain current and accurate staff records (in compliance with all Missouri requirements).
• Recruit new children/families by actively marketing the Center to the community;
• Ensure that the children's records are kept current and accurate (in compliance with all Missouri requirements);
• Maintain an environment that exemplifies Christian conduct and ideals that is respectful of all children and families regardless of differences of religion, ethnicity, economic background, and learning style;
• Maintain a system of ongoing communication with parents, St. Lucas and the community;
• Establish relationships with individual children and families and be responsive to their needs;
• Provide families with information and assistance with community resources; and
• Regularly solicit feedback from parents in order to make improvements to the Center.
Primary: Center Operation
• Responsible for ongoing Center operations;
• Teach classes, as needed;
• Maintain First Aide and infant/child CPR certifications every two years;
• Maintain the Center’s facility in compliance with all Missouri licensing standards;
• Manage finances and develop effective financial plans and budget;
• Administer all policies and procedures;
• Manage space and materials requirements;
• Manage health, safety, and nutrition programs;
• Maintain an Emergency Preparedness Plan for staff and children;
• Ensure that the Center meets all Missouri license exempt requirements;
• Stay up to date with best practices and developments in Early Childhood Education;
• Evaluate program effectiveness and adjust to optimize program; and
• A current member of Lutheran Education Association.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Knowledge and belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and demonstration of this faith by word and deed;
• Commitment to becoming an active member of St. Lucas strongly preferred;
• Genuine love of families;
• Hold a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a child related field that includes a minimum of 16 semester credit hours in Early Childhood Education / Child Development or a related field that meets all Missouri requirements;
• Recent experience in Early Childhood Education;
• Recent administration and staff supervision experience strongly preferred;
• Effectively work as a team member with strong communication skills, both written and oral;
• Ability to work effectively without close supervision; and
• Ability to think strategically, articulate a clear vision and formulate goals.
Contact us for more information or apply by sending resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the church office at 314-351-2628, 9 am to 3 pm, Tuesday through Friday. More information is available at www.stlucaslcms.org/eccdirector/ .