|Position Overview-||The Strategic Communications Professional will provide a broad range of communications support to the Missouri District - LCMS including writing and editing, project planning, education/promotion activities, and electronic communications.
• Regular review and update of website
• Regular posting to social media accounts to engage users and encourage sign-ups, and usage of existing and new resources
• Conduct regular email communication and follow-up to target stakeholder groups
• Create engaging, graphic presentations, promotional materials, infographics, videos, and reports to use in internal and external presentations to stakeholders
• Manage comprehensive outreach calendar of face-to-face and online events
• Gathers information, generates ideas, and influences the development of high quality, creative materials, and programs
• Acquires information through research and interviews from appropriate sources
• Creates communication strategies and develops related promotional plans, tactics and materials
• Writes news/feature articles for publication
• Other duties as assigned
• Supportive of the Mission and Ministry of the Missouri District – LCMS
• Creative, flexible, self-directed, problem solver with an attention to detail
• Member in good standing of a LCMS congregation
• A minimum of a Bachelors degree in communications or a related field.
• Proven success in working across a variety of media formats including, print, web, publishing, and video (Wordpress, Benchmark, and InDesign)
• Knowledge of industry best practices and innovative tactics across all media formats
• Demonstrated success interacting with colleagues and constituents
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment
• Occasional travel to District-wide events for communication purposes
• Desire an individual with communications and/or marketing experience in a Christian environment
To Apply: Please send resume with a minimum of two references to Alan Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Strategic Communications Professional will provide a broad range of communications support to departmental programs including writing and editing, project planning, education/promotion activities, and electronic communications for the Missouri District - LCMS.
To effectively and efficiently envision and oversee communications with District constituents and District Staff.
* Oversee and/or provide support for the communication avenues of the District which include:
Print and online Social Media Website
* Collaborate with professional church workers, congregation leaders, District committees and staff to communicate relevant content in support of the achievement of the District’s outcomes. This responsibility includes providing for or oversight of:
•Social Media Webinars
* Provide formal press release of pertinent news and information.
* To provide other communication support for the Office of the President and other District
* Accept other responsibilities assigned by the District President.
* A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a demonstrated Christian life.
* A person with a deep love and understanding of the ministry of the District and its congregations and a
general understanding of ecclesiastical and political issues surrounding the Synod.
* A minimum of a Bachelors degree in communications or a related field.
* At least 5 years experience in the area of communications.
* A clear thinker and communicator.
* A people sensitive person able to motivate, supervise, and work with others.
* A person who attends to detail and who follows through on projects.
* A self-starter who can perceive a situation needing attention and can quickly resolve it.