National Job Listings
Below are job postings submitted by other Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod entities, including congregations, Recognized Service Organizations, Districts, etc.
Questions about the open positions listed on this page should be directed to the contact organization listed with the posting. The LCMS does not hire for these positions, and, as such, cannot answer any questions you may have about them.
Requests to post open positions for Recognized Services Organizations and affiliated organizations are done by the Department of Human Resources of The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod if the posting guidelines are met. If you are with an RSO or LCMS affiliate, and would like to see guidelines for applying to have your position listed on this page, please read our guideline and applications.
|Job Title||Preschool Director|
|Organization||St. Paul's Lutheran Church and Preschool|
|Address||2285 Palo Verde Ave.|
|Location||Long Beach, California 90815|
|Position Overview-||PRESCHOOL DIRECTOR NEEDED—Long Beach, CA
St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Long Beach, CA, is currently seeking a new full-time Preschool Director. We are a small, warm, closely knit school that is like a family. We hope to find the right person to help continue our mission of providing early childhood education in a nurturing Christian environment. We hope to find someone with strong leadership and communication skills along with a warm and nurturing disposition.
Qualified applicants will be:
- committed Christians, ideally a member of a LCMS Lutheran church, with experience in Early Childhood Education and leadership.
- responsible for the oversight and management of a Lutheran Preschool that has up to 60 children and approximately 8 employees.
- needed to maintain compliance with CA state laws and regulations, and accreditation standards.
- fostering positive relationships among staff, parents, and the surrounding community.
- working closely with the congregation’s pastor to deliver exceptional early childhood education in a Christian environment.
Must be CPR certified and have one of the following:
• High School Graduate or GED
15 semester units at an accredited college in early childhood education classes (3 of which are in administration or staff relations)
4 years of teaching experience in a licensed center
• 2 years or experience if you have an AA degree with a major in early childhood development
• A Child Development Site Supervisor Permit or Child Development Program Director permit issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
If interested e-mail Kelly Pierson at firstname.lastname@example.org
< Back to Other LCMS Jobs