Below are job postings submitted by other Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod entities, including congregations, Recognized Service Organizations, Districts, etc.
Questions about the open positions listed on this page should be directed to the contact organization listed with the posting. The LCMS does not hire for these positions, and, as such, cannot answer any questions you may have about them.
Requests to post open positions for Recognized Services Organizations and affiliated organizations are done by the Department of Human Resources of The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod if the posting guidelines are met. If you are with an RSO or LCMS affiliate, and would like to see guidelines for applying to have your position listed on this page, please read our guideline and applications.
|Job Title||Communications Director|
|Organization||The Minnesota South District of The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod|
|Contact||Sean Martens, Human Resources|
|Address||14301 Grand Avenue South|
|Location||Burnsville, Minnesota 55306|
|Position Overview-||Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Christian with active membership in a church and with a passion for service in Christian ministries
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in communications / writing-related field
• Strong communications skills—written, verbal, and visual
• Copyediting and proofreading skills, including good knowledge of English grammar and style, punctuation, and spelling
• High degree of objectivity and confidentiality
• Expertise in (or the ability to quickly learn) software such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Squarespace, Mailchimp, Canva, Zoom, Teams, Windows 10, Microsoft Office, and Outlook
• Personable, with an eagerness to work in a collaborative environment
• Willing to occasionally work outside of the office / beyond office hours for District events
Preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities